Skip to main content

Why MBA?



So this is just my style of giving an answer to this big WHY question, whenever asked. I prefer to answer it through explaining a beautiful trip of learning ... So let's read it!

From the very beginning, when I joined THAPAR for my bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, I discovered mechanical procedures and ideas exceptionally intriguing. Manly feel and lots of things to assemble and disassemble gives you a lot of freedom to create something for your happiness. My father was an automotive mechanic and even without getting a basic engineering degree, he used to apply the basics of engineering while working on automotive components in a very beautiful way. I learnt a lot about frugal innovation from him. Even after doing engineering from such a reputable college in North India and learning more about mechanical than my father, I was constantly intrigued by his style of working. I adored his working methodology. In spite of the fact that with time he was not ready to adapt up to the arduous work that generally technician needs to do every day so he needed to leave that work when I began working for Tata Motors. My father was not glad in light of the fact that he needed to leave the work yet in the meantime, he was upbeat likewise on the grounds that I joined one of the best automotive companies of India.
Students usually face this question in an interview: Why Mechanical engineering? So I was fortunate enough to have my father's story and passion along with me to share with the interviewers. Because of my father only, I started liking mechanical engineering and stuff. So with all this love when I joined Tata Motors, I started working in planning department where I got a chance to learn about operations management also. Initially managing multiple things was getting difficult and parallel learning about operations was becoming tedious for me, but after 2-3 months I really started loving that stuff. The way I used to calculate takt time, learn about workstations on shop, how to design shop floor practices, process documents, supplier management and selection, new product development and so forth, I truly got into these ideas and began considering doing an MBA in operations management to get deep insights about this area. With time I learned that along with operations management, supply chain plays a vital role, so I thought to apply to purchase department for learning in and out of procurement, logistics, supplier development and all. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to work in that area. I was very sad because my passion and love for supply chain was growing with days but there was no one to give me that platform.
But everything happens for a reason and that reason turned out to be clear when I got selected into NITIE (National Institute of Industrial Engineering) for regular MBA program for two years. You can imagine my happiness at that moment and the best part was that NITIE is India's top most college for providing supply chain and operations management course.
The National Institute of Industrial Engineering, popularly known as NITIE, is a prestigious business school located in the heart of Mumbai and was established in 1963. Today when I am studying in this supply chain Mecca and getting what I was looking for till date, it feels incredible. I got to learn about finance, accounting, procurement, supply chain, operations, Industry etc. just in a time span of six months. I joined in June 2015 and in all these months when I see my progress, I have really learned a lot about my career goals, and they are very clear now. I feel great in saying that I have done the same which I always wanted to do. Whether it is about doing mechanical engineering at first, then beginning my profession with automotive company or doing post graduation in supply chain and operations, I feel fortunate to do things of my interest. This couldn't be same with everybody when individuals say that they are not in any case clear about their future. Rat race is being followed and they are a part of that. I feel good to be doing everything for me only.
Now why I am writing this amidst the night? because when people say why MBA? I have this stunning trip to clarify them my account of doing an MBA. I hope this could help anyone preparing for this big WHY question.
#DoWhatYouLove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You NITIE! and Mumbai Meri Jaan!

On 11 th June 2015, NITIE’s admission office released 4 th  list of cleared students for PGDIM batch 2015-17. Boom!! I got the last seat … sheer luck I guess. That feeling was just splendid when I got a call from my friend who is studying in IIM Lucknow that Bhai! Ho gea tera. Time was 4:20 PM and I was working on my new project. After that call I started calling my closed ones. I can still feel that moment because when you’re a supply chain and operations enthusiast and you get admission to best B-school in that domain then nothing else can explain your happiness. NITIE is best among all B-schools let it be IIM A, B, C or any else when it comes to supply chain and operations. Big question, Why MBA?  was answered and that too in style. Oh my God! How would that be to go to classes again, meeting new people, living in Mumbai, doing new assignments, late night chats, parties and lot of college fun.  I called my boss personally and told him everything. He was glad yet befud

Characteristics of Bhangra :)

Bhangra is something I always love to watch and perform. The energy level, coordination, and team participation are something I have learnt from Bhangra. As far as characteristics are concerned, following areas can be discussed: Health : Bhangra needs a lot of energy and stamina. One has to jump several times during performance being a part of joining steps and formation. Thump on stage should be there when someone is doing the bhangra which one feels proud of. Moving on the whole stage, moving your legs in air half of the time, cardio level warms up (performers play Kabaddi generally to warm up), using a lot of props (very heavy most of the time) and much more make body lean & athletic. So health wise Bhangra has an excellent plan for you. Team skills : Bhangra needs a team of at least 8–10 people. Coordination is a core of bhangra. If one performer is not giving his/her 100% means performance would be affected. Steps and formation are just 40% of the whole ac

When I realized what I was doing!.....

You start adoring someone, it could be your first day in college, office or anywhere else in this diminutive world. There is a very fine line between loving or adoring someone. Generally, we draw a conclusion that if we love him/her unconditionally then he/she should also understand that. How could someone be so egotistic that he/she is only thinking about him/herself and not about the other person? At one point of time in my life, I went through the same phase. I started liking one girl who was certainly not very much interested in me, but I expressed my selfishness to literally force her to say yes to me. Now there are many cases to explain this, one could be the case that she was my good friend so she thought to give it a chance at least. Second could be that she was going through a difficult time with her boyfriend and she needed someone who could take care of her, not for the time pass but to really make her feel good. I guess I took advantage of that to let her say yes. Rea