Skip to main content

I'LL ALWAYS MISS YOU!!

He has always been my inspiration, he motivated me a lot throughout my life till date.  A great personality who had a pure love for his mother tongue and country. A Punjabi writer who had written 10 books, 5 short stories books for children, Translator of numerous books from English to Punjabi, songs writer and who had appeared in every newspaper of his state for all accolades he won. he was Born in the year 1939 and stayed all of his life in Punjab. Retired as a Manager from the Indian Postal services and won more than 100 awards in the field of writing, poetry and literature. Today when you will go to his room, a library has more than 1000 books to read and learn more. But while I am telling all this, you must be wondering about whom I am talking about.

Friends this personality was my grandfather, S. Khushwant Kanwal. I lost him the day after I joined NITIE. My parents didn't tell me because they thought I would be worried. And  I am an unfortunate one who was not in the condition to go and see him for the last time. He loved me a lot till I was there at my home in Amritsar. I used to study in his room and he was very happy with me because my father was not very good at studies during his school days. So he used to tell me that one day I will do very good with my life and When I joined Tata Motors after my college, he was very very happy. Though he never enjoyed each and every moment with me because his condition started deteriorating after few months I Joined my job.

Every time I used to go home after 2 or 3 months and for every single day, he used to sit with me and talk a lot about his books and how I can do better in my writing skills as I started writing a short story after getting inspired from him. He always had that charm and a positive aura around him which made me used to talk to him endlessly.

I met him last December in 2014 and after that I was not able to go home because of my official work. I didn't make the first, second and third list of NITIE. And I was determined not to join any other college, so I planned to go home on 14th June, But when I got convert in the fourth list on 11th June then I planned to go directly to Mumbai here. Just after I landed in the Mumbai, next day he left me.

Now I feel that I could have used that time to meet him in last few months then today I could have much more satisfaction internally. I still miss him a lot and I hope I would be able to overcome this feeling internally. So please don't hesitate to do whatever you want when it comes to your loved ones. Express everything you have in your mind and spend time with them always. I wish he is calm and happy wherever he is. I hope I would make him happy always, wherever he is now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You NITIE! and Mumbai Meri Jaan!

On 11 th June 2015, NITIE’s admission office released 4 th  list of cleared students for PGDIM batch 2015-17. Boom!! I got the last seat … sheer luck I guess. That feeling was just splendid when I got a call from my friend who is studying in IIM Lucknow that Bhai! Ho gea tera. Time was 4:20 PM and I was working on my new project. After that call I started calling my closed ones. I can still feel that moment because when you’re a supply chain and operations enthusiast and you get admission to best B-school in that domain then nothing else can explain your happiness. NITIE is best among all B-schools let it be IIM A, B, C or any else when it comes to supply chain and operations. Big question, Why MBA?  was answered and that too in style. Oh my God! How would that be to go to classes again, meeting new people, living in Mumbai, doing new assignments, late night chats, parties and lot of college fun.  I called my boss personally and told him everything. He was glad yet befud

Characteristics of Bhangra :)

Bhangra is something I always love to watch and perform. The energy level, coordination, and team participation are something I have learnt from Bhangra. As far as characteristics are concerned, following areas can be discussed: Health : Bhangra needs a lot of energy and stamina. One has to jump several times during performance being a part of joining steps and formation. Thump on stage should be there when someone is doing the bhangra which one feels proud of. Moving on the whole stage, moving your legs in air half of the time, cardio level warms up (performers play Kabaddi generally to warm up), using a lot of props (very heavy most of the time) and much more make body lean & athletic. So health wise Bhangra has an excellent plan for you. Team skills : Bhangra needs a team of at least 8–10 people. Coordination is a core of bhangra. If one performer is not giving his/her 100% means performance would be affected. Steps and formation are just 40% of the whole ac

When I realized what I was doing!.....

You start adoring someone, it could be your first day in college, office or anywhere else in this diminutive world. There is a very fine line between loving or adoring someone. Generally, we draw a conclusion that if we love him/her unconditionally then he/she should also understand that. How could someone be so egotistic that he/she is only thinking about him/herself and not about the other person? At one point of time in my life, I went through the same phase. I started liking one girl who was certainly not very much interested in me, but I expressed my selfishness to literally force her to say yes to me. Now there are many cases to explain this, one could be the case that she was my good friend so she thought to give it a chance at least. Second could be that she was going through a difficult time with her boyfriend and she needed someone who could take care of her, not for the time pass but to really make her feel good. I guess I took advantage of that to let her say yes. Rea